From Oslo Municipality's website:
“The anatomy building, which is located on the north side of Christiania Torv, is Oslo’s oldest preserved half-timbered house. It is believed that this house is from the 18th century and that the town’s executioner lived here.
The first private owner is Chancellor Mathias Stub. And In the period from 1815 to 1852, the University and its medical faculty were housed in the building. From 1860 and 40 years onwards, the sculptor Brynjulf Bergslien had a studio here.
It was here that he created the Karl Johan monument and the statue of Henrik Wergeland. In 1937, the organization “Young Artists’ Society” moved into the premises and had its business here until 2002. “